Tel: +60 14 3514298
Sun 31st May to Thu 11th Jun
The KKIFF (Kota Kinabalu International Film Festival) is part of the Kota Kinabalu Arts Festival is an annual event that usually takes place in June, it heralds a month that highlights the performing arts including jazz, song, dance and movies.
The primary aim of the KKIFF is to build up. nurture and present young filmmaking talent from the ASEAN region. We also aim to bring a feast of movies - documentaries and fiction - to the film-watching public of KK.
Started in 2009 - with 3 French movies. Has gradually grown over the years with the support and advice of many wonderful people so that it now includes: Sabah Film Academy (8 days, 10 participants, 4 international mentors, making 2 short documentaries), Sabah Pitching Training & Awards (for new documentary ideas, both feature-length and shorts), Sabah Film Forum (presentations and screenings - talking about movies and movie-making), DOCS+ (screenings of documentaries plus other genres by filmmakers from the ASEAN region), World Movies (from countries outside South-East Asia)
1. Rolling10 Filmmakers' Competition - for the ASEAN region - awards for documentary, narrative and indigenous language shorts
2. Sabah Pitching Training & Awards - grants for the best feature-length documentary pitch, the best short documentary pitch and the best Sabahan documentary pitch
Open to the public
1. Sabah Film Academy - Malaysians only
2. Sabah Pitching Training & Awards - ASEAN region
3. Rolling10 Filmmakers' Competition - ASEAN region
4. DOCS+ - ASEAN region
There are no entry fees associated with this festival
|Recent Festival News||News|
|7th Mar 2015||Kota Kinabalu International Film Festival|
|Known festival contacts||Contacts|