Action Adaptation Adventure Advertising Animation Art-house Asian Black Black Comedy Bollywood Children Comedy Crime Documentary Drama Experimental Fantasy Foreign Language French Gay and Lesbian Hindi Historical Horror Independent Jewish Music Video Musical National Reality Religious Romance Science Fiction Short Silent Sport Student Thriller War Western Women
The purpose of the Busan International Short Film Festival(BISFF) is to actively discover and introduce the outstanding short film directed from around the world. We ask for your big supports and attentions.
- 1980: The Busan International Short Film Festival(BISFF) started in 1980 as "The Korean Short Film Festival".
- 1997: The Busan International Short Film Festival(BISFF) has changed its name as "The Busan Short Film Festival".
- 2000: The Asian Short Film Festival of Busan
- 2010: The Busan International Short Film Festival(BISFF) discovers and introduces the outstanding short film directed from around the world
[Official Competition Sections]
1) Short Film Section: films within 30 minutes (films of all genres)
2) Medium-length Film Section: medium-length films (30~60 minutes)
(films of all genres)
3) Extreme-Short Film Section: films of all genres (fiction, documentary, experimental, animation & films shot by mobile phone) within 3 minutes
※ Running time of each section is inclusive of ending credits.
※ Films winning prizes or screening before on other Festival can be submitted.
- 1 First Grand Prize (approximately 9,500 USD with trophy)
- 1 Excellence for best picture (approximately 4,700 USD with trophy)
- 1 Best picture (approximately 2,800 USD with trophy)
- 4 Excellences of each category (approximately 900 USD with trophy)
(The categories are Fiction, Documentary, Experimental Film and Animation.)
※ Other prizes will be noticed afterwards.
※ The details of each prize could be modified.
Open to the public
Anyone who makes films
- Short films, medium-length films, ans extreme-short films of all genres (fiction, documentary, experimental, animation & films shot by mobile phone)
- Film(8mm, 16mm, 35mm)& Digital
There are no entry fees associated with this festival
|Recent Festival News||News|
|26th Jan 2013||Call for Entries|
|22nd Jan 2012||Submission deadline|
|Known festival contacts||Contacts|
|Bisff 2013 Program